9 November, 2015
Tian Barbecued and Smoked Salmon TianPosted in : Uncategorized on by : Quinlan's Freshfish
The velvetly texture and delicate taste of smoked salmon make it the delicious leading actor of any recipe in which it appears.
In this place especially the layer of potatoes and mayonnaise goes very well with crème fraîche and fresh taste of salmon.
This recipe must be the fastest way to create a culinary sensation!
Preparation time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- 4 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Large bunch chives – finely chopped
- 12 slices barbecued salmon.
- 8 Slices Quinlan’s Organic Smoked Salmon
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Approximately 1 teaspoon brandy.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks approximately 1 cm square. Boil in lightly salted water until soft. Set a side and allow to cool.
Place ring moulds onto a plate. Spoon tablespoon of the potato salad into each mould and press down until level.
3. Sprinkle chopped chives on top of the salad – make sure to cover the entire surface, particularly around the sides, as this will create a nice green band at the end.
4. Gently flake the barbecued salmon into pieces and mix with a little brandy and enough crème fraiche to bind together. Spoon 1 tablespoon of this mixture into each of the moulds, and press down until level.
5. Cut the smoked salmon into thin ribbons and layer into the mould. Again press down until level. (At this stage the salmon should nearly be at the top of the mould)
6. Spoon in a little crème fraiche up to the top of the mould and smooth off with a knife blade.
7. Allow to set in a fridge until needed, gently remove from the mould and top with a few small ribbons of smoked salmon and chopped chives.
8. Garnish with salad and serve.