10 November, 2015
Smoked salmon blini canapésPosted in : Uncategorized on by : Quinlan's Freshfish
This elegant finger food is one of the most amazing, flavorful appetizers and it is the perfect partner to a glass of cold champagne.
You can’t go wrong with our Quinlan’s Organic Smoked Salmon!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 200 g Quinlan’s Organic Smoked Salmon
- 20-24 ready-made cocktail blini
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 142 ml soured cream
- Small bunch fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Use a grater to remove thin strips of lemon peel, taking care to avoid the white pitch which tastes bitter.
2. Our Quinlan’s Organic Smoked Salmon comes pre-sliced but if you prefer a smaller pieces pile up a few slices of our smoked salmon into a stack. Using a very sharp knife , cut across the stack to give you thin strips.
3. Place in a bowl. Add the juice of half of the lemon, or more if you prefer, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add finely chopped shallot and mix well
4. Spread a layer of soured cream onto each blini. Place a spoonful of the salmon mixture on top of the soured cream and garnish each with a small spring of dill and strip of lemon zest.